When do we ship?
After we receive your order, we do our best to ship next business day from our office in China. When we ship – either via China Post or DHL – we send you shipping conformation with tracking code.
- Shipping with China Post is free of charge.
- Shipping time with China Post takes 2- 5 weeks, dependent on your location.
- Shipping with DHL, takes 3-5 days, and cost a few USD extra.
What is the shipping cost?
Shipping with China Post from our office in China is free of charge. Estimated shipping time is 2 – 5 weeks, dependent on your location.
Shipping with DHL takes 3 – 5 days and cost USD 9,- extra for shipment to North America and several countries in Asia. USD 15,- extra to Europe. A few other countries cost more.
You find the extra DHL cost for your country in our WEBSHOP.
Can I use a Bluetooth speaker with the TosBlue units?
Yes, you can. The use is in principal the same as using a Bluetooth headphones.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you plan to use a Bluetooth speaker without aptx. You will then notice a sound delay between the internal TV speakers and the sound in your speaker. We therefore recommend you use a Bluetooth speaker with aptx technology. Note also that if you have a Bluetooth speaker without aptx, you may be able to get rid of the delay as follows:
- You may choose to turn the internal TV speakers OFF and only listen to the sound via the Bluetooth speaker. Note: You may then notice that the TV picture and the sound is not quite in sync.
- Some TV’s allows you to adjust the timing of the optical output port. With this adjustment, you may be able to compensate for the sound delay.
The procedure for this sound timing adjustment varies from one TV to another. Here is a general procedure:
- Click on “MENU” button on the TV Remote Controller. Then click “SOUND”. Then go to “SPDIF-delay”. You may now find a sliding bar like this:
- Draw the handle forth and back until the sound from the internal TV speakers and the sound via the TosBlue path are synchronized.
Please consult the TV User Guide or approach your local TV shop for details.
Can I Use a TosBlue Y unit with one headphones – only?
Yes, you may use the TosBlue-Y unit with one or two headphones.
Can I use a Bluetooth headphones without aptx?
Yes, you can. The sound will be OK, but you will notice some sound delay between the sound from the internal TV speakers and the sound in the headphones.
Is security code required for pairing?
No security code is required.
Can I adjust the sound level on the optical output port?
On most TV’s you cannot adjust the sound level on the optical output port. The level is fixed. When you have connected the optical output to a TosBlue unit via an optical cable – and paired the unit to a Bluetooth headphones, you may on most headphones adjust the sound level on the headphones.
This means that the sound level from the internal TV speakers are independent on the sound level in your headset.
Dolby/PCM – Which format can I use?
The TosBlue units only accepts PCM data format on the optical input port – not Dolby.
NOTE: On most TV’s there is an option to switch between the 2 formats. Please check it out!
What do we mean by “sound delay”or “latency”?
When you listen to sound from your smartphone connected to your Bluetooth headphones, any sound delay does not matter as this is the only sound channel. In other words, if you receive the sound half a second later than your smartphone sent it – it does not matter. So aptx is not important in this context.
When you have two sound channels – like when you hare listening to your TV via the internal TV speakers at the same time as you listen to the same sound via your Bluetooth headphones – it is important that the received sound is in sync. Moreover, it is important that the sound and the TV picture is in sync. If your headphones is not equipped with aptx – the sound in the headphones is delayed – and not in sync with the TV picture, nor the sound from the internal TV speakers.
It is therefore recommended that you use a good headphones with aptx, like our BHX headphones.
Sound delay – how can I fix it?
TosBlue X and TosBlue Y are equipped with the best aptx technology for hi-fi sound performance and no sound delay. Our BHX headphones are equipped with same technology for same reason.
This means that when the TosBlue units are used with our BHX headphones you will notice no sound delay compared with the sound from the TV speakers.
If you are using headphones without the aptx technology – you will notice a sound delay.
This delay may be overcome in one of three ways:
- You may choose to turn the internal TV speakers OFF and only listen to the sound via the headset(s). Note: You may then notice that the TV picture and the sound is not quite in sync. A so-called “lip sync” may be noticeable.
- Some TV’s allows you to adjust the timing of the optical output port. With this adjustment, you may be able to compensate for the sound delay. The procedure for this sound timing adjustment varies from one TV to another. Here is a general procedure:
Do this: Adjust the sound timing on the optical output port of your TV. Here is a general guide:
Click on “MENU” button on the TV Remote Controller. Then click “SOUND”. Then go to “SPDIF-delay”. You may now find a sliding bar like this:
Draw the handle forth and back until the sound from the internal TV speakers and the sound via the TosBlue path are synchronized. Please consult the TV User Guide or approach your local TV shop for details.
NOTE! If you use TosBlue unit together with a DVD player, BlueRay player or SoundStation, where you have only one sound path out, no sound synchronization is required.
- The last option is to acquire a Bluetooth receiver with aptx technology incorporated, like out BHX headphones.
Pairing problems – how do I fix it?
First of all – follow the procedure as outlined for the for TosBlue X or TosBlue Y.
If still problems, it might be that either the TosBlue unit or the BHX Headphones has entered – for one reason or the other – into a hang-up state.
To reset, do this:
To reset of the TosBlue unit: After power has been applied the unit for 3 – 4 minutes, then the unit goes into a pairing standby mode indicated by the red and blue lights are flashing slowly and the light is not bright. Find the 3,5 mm signal cable that came with the unit – and do this:
- Insert the 3,5 mm plug into the TosBlue unit.
- After 1 second – pull it out.
- After 1 second – insert it again
- After 1 second, pull it out again.
If done correctly, the TosBlue should now be flashing quickly red and blue. If not, please try the procedure again.
To reset the SW of the BHX Headphones:
- Press the ON button together with the – (volume minus) butt on for 8 seconds and until you see a red flash. The headphones are now reset.
Now try the pairing procedure again.
What kind of support can I expect?
We have delivered product solutions to customers in more than 60 countries – and still counting. We deliver units – but are providing unique and valuable solutions.
Therefore, we are here to help, if so needed. Please see some of the feedback from our customers here.
If you have any questions, you may find the answer you are looking for here in the FAQ section. If not, please send us an email with your name and purchase information – and we will do out outmost to help you via email.
Please send your message to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the return policy?
You may return the units purchased for the full refund of the purchase price – excluding DHL charges. You must let us know that you will return within 30 days after purchase. The units must be returned in original packages. Please ship to:
- Erlend Brekke
- Telthusvegen 1
- 6893 Vik I Sogn,
The package should be labeled:
“Returned for Repair No commercial value”
Once we receive the units – we will make the refund. Please also see our policy here.